For this week’s post I had yet another request. I told my boyfriend to choose from my “Yum!” Pinterest board and this chocolate italian love cake was the winner! Not gonna lie, at first I wasn’t too sure about this cake simply because of the ricotta cheese, I had never tried it before so I didn’t know how cheese would be good on a chocolate cake. However, this has probably been my favorite cake I’ve made. It was so delicious and fun to make! As always, it is budget friendly, I spent around $15-$20 and it serves 15, perfect for your next get together!
- 1 package chocolate cake (I used Betty crocker milk chocolate cake mix) (look at the box to see the ingredients needed for this as well)
- 1 lbs. ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 (5.1 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9×13 in. pan with nonstick spray.
- in a large bowl, mix together your cake mix according to the directions on the box. set aside.
- In another bowl, using hand mixer, beat together the ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla until its smooth.
- Pure the cake batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread to fill the pan evenly. Once the cake batter is in place, carefully pour the cheese mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter. Spread to cover the cake batter as best as you can (this part is a little tricky, it seems like you can’t really spread the cheese mixture evenly because its start sinking, but I promise it will be all even after its baked!)Note: It may seem like the layers are in the wrong order but they aren’t. The layers will switch during the baking process… ps. that blew my mind!
Bake the cake at 250F for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting. (I waited for about an hour)
- Once the cake is cool, stir the pudding mix and milk together with a whisk until combined. Carefully fold in the Cool Whip into the pudding until combined.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the top and refrigerate for atlas 6 hours before serving. (I left mine over night)
As I already said, this has been my favorite cake. It was so delicious and my boyfriend loved it as well. Unlike all of the other recipes I have make, I personally wouldn’t change anything about it. Enjoy!
As always, I would love to hear any feedback!
1 more delish dish down, many more to go!