Since I’m on this new journey of healthy eating, I decided that I wanted to find a recipe that would satisfy my sweet tooth but in a healthier way. On my last post, I reviewed a blog that has healthy recipes and I talked about this paleo banana chocolate chip muffins that I really wanted to try. So thats what i did. This has been the easiest and healthiest dessert I’ve made. No sugar, No flour! As always, it was very budget friendly, you can get everything for about $8-10 and it makes 8 muffins.
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- dark chocolate chips (that is your call on how much chocolate you want on them)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips. (I mashed up the bananas and added that to the mix, this makes the muffins have chunks of banana, which I thought was great)
- Pour into muffin pan.
- Add chocolate chips to amount desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or do the toothpick test (insert toothpick and if it comes out clean then they are done)
- Take out, let cool and enjoy!
The blog where I found this recipe includes macros, so here they are:
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 15.6 grams
- Carbs: 13.8 grams
- Fiber: 3.75 grams
- Protein: 8.4 grams
These muffins were super delicious for something that is supposed to be on the healthier side. They were a big hit and were pretty much gone that same night I made them. I wouldn’t change anything about them, they were yummy just the way they are. I’ll be making these again soon!
Hope ya’ll like this healthy treat!
More delish dishes coming soon!